Skip to content
- Early detection saves lives
- Screening events spread awareness about risk factors, concerning signs and symptoms
- Communities and health care workers are under-educated about the risk factors, signs and symptoms of mouth and throat cancer
- Due to a lack of awareness, patients are often diagnosed at later stages of disease, making existing treatments less effective
- There has been a 3 fold increase in mouth and throat cancer in the last 15 years due to HPV (human papilloma virus) infections in the mouth and throat.